Monday 10 September 2012

I Had Salad For Lunch AGAIN Today


 
Liz: Do You know what I felt when I woke up this morning, Delia? Nothing! No passion, no spark, no faith, no heat, absolutely nothing! I think I’ve really gotten pass the point where I could be calling this a bad moment. And it just, it terrifies me. Jesus, this is worse than death to me. The idea that this is the person I’m gonna be from now on?!

Delia: You know what? This happens to people. They fall in love in their 20s, they get married, they do the granit counter top, white picket fence thing in their 30s. And somewhere in there they realize ‘this is not for me anymore’. And so they fail, they fall down, they hurt like hell, they straighten up and march their bruised asses to the shrink’s office. They can’t just check out.

Liz: I am not checking out. I need to change.

Delia: You have a support system here, Liz. You have friends and family who love you.

Liz: And do you feel my love? For you? My support for you? No! There’s like nothing! I have no pulse! *sigh* I’m going to Italy.

Delia: Italy? Why Italy.

Liz: What did you have for lunch today?

Delia: I don’t know. Salad?

Liz: Exactly. I used to have this appetite, for food, for my life. And it is just gone. I just want to go someplace where I can marvel at something. Language, gelatto, spaghetti.. something!

No comments:

Post a Comment